This month, Turf Valley Resort's Real Weddings Spotlight features Sean and Katie, who celebrated their wedding at Turf Valley in September of 2018.
We asked Katie about her favorite part of the Turf Valley Wedding Experience, and this is what she had to say ↓
"Choosing to have our wedding reception at Turf Valley made everything easy and convenient. The resort had hotel accommodations so our guests could stay on site and my husband and groomsmen could play golf the day before the wedding. The ballroom we had our reception in provided an indoor-outdoor space with the patio off the ballroom. This allowed our guests to venture outside since the weather was nice."
Clothing + Accessories
- Gown: Betsy Robinson
- Groom + Groomsmen: Men's Warehouse
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Azazie
- Shoes: Kelly & Katie
- Ring: Smyth Jewelers
- Hair: Jamie - Baltimore Bridal Hair
- Make-up: Ashley - Beauty in a Box Artistry
- Jewelry: Heirlooms
- Date: September 22, 2018
- Ceremony Location: Church of the Ascension, Halethorpe, Maryland
- Officiant: Father John Williamson and Deacon Tom Yanuzzi
- Reception Location: Turf Valley Resort - Cameo Ballroom
- Turf Valley Wedding Coordinator: Jaime Petit
- Turf Valley Maître d': Chris Goodwin
We asked Katie what she liked most about working with Jaime:
"Jaime was great to work with leading up to the event. She always answered my questions and even brought ideas from her experience which was so helpful."
Katie shared the importance of the Maître d' at Turf Valley:
"The best part of Turf Valley was the coordinator that was on-site the day of to make sure everything ran smoothly. We didn't stress over a single thing."
- Photographer: Emerald Stone Photography
- Videography: Brett Bye Videography
- Invitations: Paper in the Park
- Flowers: Mercedes at Blooms and Beyond
- Cake: Violet Schultheis
- Entertainment: DJ - Music Masters
- Caterer: Turf Valley
- Linens: Linen Hero
Katie and Sean recently celebrated their first wedding anniversary in September 2019. The first wedding anniversary is often celebrated with a paper gift, a tradition that dates to the Victorian era. To commemorate their anniversary, Sean gave Katie an arrangement of paper flowers in their wedding colors. Katie gave Sean tickets to see his favorite Major League Soccer team, D.C. United play at Audi Field.
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to Sean and Katie!
If you recently got married at Turf Valley or know someone who did and would like to be featured on this blog, LET US KNOW! We would love to hear about your wedding experience - please call 410.465.1200 or email [email protected] to be featured!