By: Zandra Beard, Account Executive at Turf Valley Resort
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned our world upside down, yet our love of travel remains. With more businesses and attractions opening across the country, planning your 2021 Family Reunion is a perfect opportunity to fight Quarantine Fatigue. Scheduling a future trip with family and friends can be the light at the end of the tunnel – knowing families can reunite again in the future.
Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
Whether you are quarantined, restricted, or social distancing, many of us have seen a lot less of our family lately. You may have noticed that absence truly makes the heart grow fonder. While it is not recommended to visit your relatives at this point, there is no time like the present to start planning an ultimate family reunion to celebrate the day when you can be together again.
Consider Your Options
The first step is to start narrowing down the dates. Then you can begin to explore locations that will fit your timeframe and budget. Whether you are looking for a remote lodge for the entire extended family, a few private houses on the other side of the world, or a relaxing resort for your post-isolation family reunion, now is the time to start gathering the details and set your plans in motion.
Brighter Days Ahead for Travelers
As vaccines are being administered across the country, travelers are looking forward to brighter days ahead. The Destination Analysts update on U.S. travel shows that Americans are looking forward to travel experiences in 2021 – particularly to enjoy places with scenic beauty and outdoor activities such as beach destinations, luxury resorts and national parks.
Steps to Plan Your Family Reunion
Before you begin, consult with your family regarding any special requests or considerations such as preferred dates or venue locations. Next steps are to:
1. Pick travel dates early to ensure maximum availability. Consider sending a survey or Google Form to solicit your family's feedback and availability.
2. Decide on a budget that works for all family members. This will also help you determine accommodations for each family and venue options.
3. Choose a location that is equally accessible to all parties. Determine if you will drive or fly to your destination, and what works best for the majority of your family members. This will also help you select a general travel area.
4. Delegate responsibilities such as sending invitations, planning the menu, itinerary and entertainment.
5. Lastly, get excited about being together again!
As optimism returns, thoughts continue to turn to planning family reunions and vacations. Timing is everything, and with the coming boom in travel it is important to start planning early.
Written by: Zandra Beard, Account Executive at Turf Valley
About Turf Valley Resort:
Turf Valley Resort is a full-service conference and events venue with more than 40,000 square feet of meeting space. Located in Howard County, Maryland, we are easily accessible from Columbia, Baltimore and surrounding areas.
Turf Valley Resort offers 25 flexible venues with full-service catering and our hotel features 172 rooms overlooking our championship golf courses. For more information about Turf Valley Resort, please call 410.465.1200 or email [email protected].