Golf Course Renovation
Original Golf Course: Closing August 11, 2020 - May 31, 2021 (9 months)
BOTH Golf Courses: Open June 1, 2021 - August 2021 (3 months)
Hialeah Golf Course: Closing expected August 2021 - May 31, 2022 (9 months)
Golf Outings will ONLY take place on Mondays during the months when only one course is open. While we do apologize for some inconveniences over the next 2 years, we will continue to make membership our top priority and are confident the ultimate outcome of our golf courses in excellent condition will be worth it. Thank you for your patience and we cannot wait for you to see the finished result!
Details on the Renovation:McDonald & Sons, Inc., one of the premier builders in the golf course industry, will be completing the following renovation activities:
- Already completed:
- XGD Drainage Project - The XGD System™ (Existing Greens Drainage) that was installed in February 2019 is helping to provide our wet fairways with a clean and effective drainage system. The system allows for the removal of surface water more rapidly, lowers the water table, and increases aeration. This has helped with the removal of excess moisture from the fairway, as well as improving the overall turf growth.
- Beginning August 11, 2020:
- Rebuilding of Tee Boxes - Each tee box will be addressed individually, with some being moved to create an inline perspective of the complex, and some being elevated or lowered. This will result in very minimal change to the existing yardage.
- Sand Bunker Reconstruction - All sand bunkers will be reconstructed using the Better Billy Bunker drainage system, which is likely to have the biggest impact on playability, as well as the sightlines and aesthetics of the course. This will result in a more consistent standard from bunker to bunker.
- Cart Path Replacement/Relocation - All cart paths will be addressed as needed, resulting in a more consistent appearance and a smoother ride.
- Green Renovations - The greens will be renovated through a re-grassing of the surfaces, as well as adjustments along the perimeters to address some of the severe slopes and valleys that create difficulty for both play and maintenance. Reducing the severity of these areas will allow for an increase of the playable area as well as the cupping space for day-to-day rotation of hole locations.
- Additional Infrastructure Work - Additional projects include improving/adding drainage, addressing the needs of stream crossings and pond management, and more yet to be determined.